Opportunities for Artists
The Arts Center Gallery
Artist Participation | Step-by-Step
- Artists interested in having their artworks included in a solo, two-person or small group show in The Arts Center Gallery (excluding the Members' Show or Summer Show) must apply via our annual submission process.
- Individuals interested in submitting curatorial proposals for The Arts Center gallery must apply via our annual submission process.
- All submissions are reviewed by an exhibition review panel, consisting of an independent group of artists, arts administrators and gallery professionals.
- Artists and curators who submit applications for consideration will be notified of the committee’s decision.
Applicaitons are accepted each year from early February through early May. We invite artists working in any medium and individuals interested in submitting curatorial proposals to apply for consideration by our exhibitions review panel. Artists will be considered for solo, two-person or small group exhibitions in our 2,000 square foot gallery space. Strong preference is given to artworks within a series or concept. Individuals who reside in Saratoga County and the eight surrounding counties are encouraged to apply.
Are you curious about the best way to digitally photograph your artwork? Click here for tips on how to do it easily and professionally!
Questions? Please contact Emma Huneck, Exhibitions Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518.584.4132
Art in the Park
Saturday, September 22, 2018 10am-4pm | Rain Date: Saturday, September 29, 10am-4pm
Historic Congress Park, downtown Saratoga Springs
Art in the Park is a day of fine art in Saratoga Springs' historic downtown Congress Park, curated and presented by Saratoga Arts. Each exhibition features nearly 80 artists from the greater Saratoga and Capital regions, displaying and selling their original two- and three-dimensional creations and personally-designed and crafted functional art in a beautiful park setting. Artists will be on hand to discuss their drawing, painting, ceramics, jewelry, sculpture, photography, print-making, and work in other media. This year's event will include local music, great food, face painting and a Kidz Art Zone!
Are you an artist interested in exhibiting your artwork at Art in the Park? Click here for more information and to apply online today! Applicaiton deadline is September 1, 2018.
The Annual Members' Show
November 10, 2018 - January 4, 2019
Artwork Drop-Off: Monday, November 5 | 9am-6pm
Participation | Step-by-Step
- Become a member of Saratoga Arts - if you are already a member, fantastic! Click here to become a Saratoga Arts Member.
- Works in all mediums are encouraged.
- Bring your work on the drop-off day during the designated times and that is it! Over 5,000 people visit our gallery during the months of November and December, so if you would like you work seen, this is the show to participate in!
- There is a $5 day-of entry fee.
- Click here for full artwork guidelines and to print your artwork labels!
Art in Public Places
The Art in Public Places Program (APP) features monthly or bi-monthly exhibits of member artists' work in various locations around the county. The goal of the program is to present original artwork in easily accessible spaces throughout the Saratoga Region. Participation in the APP program is a benefit open to all members of Saratoga Arts from emerging artists who might be presenting their first exhibition to veteran artists with experience.
- Participation in our APP program is easy! All you have to do is become a member of Saratoga Arts! Click here to become a Saratoga Arts Member.
- We are now scheudling Art in Public Places for 2018! Contact Emma Huneck, Exhibitions Coordinator, at 518-584-4132 ext. 204 to check site availability and schedule an exhibit on a first come, first serve basis.
- Artists are responsible for installing and de-installing their APP exhibitions and will be issued a contract with specific guidelines for participation. Read the guidelines here.
- Schedule your 2019 Art in Public Places exhibition beginning on January 22, 2018!
Saratoga Arts is always looking for new businesses and organizations interested in becoming a part of our Art in Public Places program. Businesses and organizations must have a suitable space to present between 10-20 artworks - it could be a hallway or other open area, it must be a public space! Saratoga Arts will take care of the rest! We will schedule an artist to install their work for either a monthly exhibition.
The Gallery Shop
The mission of The Art Center Gallery Shop is to provide high quality, hand-made, art and fine craft from member-artists.The Gallery Shop supports community artists and fine crafters through the display of their original works.The Gallery Shop offers pieces of original artistry including handcrafted objects, fine jewelry, accessories, fibers, ceramics, wood, glass, paintings, mixed media and books. Saratoga Arts will select work we think best reflects our marketing and exhibition goals. Saratoga Arts is conveniently located in historic downtown Saratoga Springs at the corner of Broadway and Spring Street with entrances on both streets as well as on Congress Park. Situated adjacent to The Arts Center Gallery, your pieces will be displayed in a venue that exhibits the work of nationally renowned artists and receives 12,000 yearly visitors.
Participation | Step-by-Step
- Participation in our Gallery Shop is easy! Become a Saratoga Arts member and set up an appointment to see our shop and show Saratoga Arts' staff your work!
- Click here to become a Saratoga Arts Member.
- The Gallery Shop accepts hand-made art and fine crafts from member-artists including: handcrafted objects, fine jewelry, accessories, fibers, ceramics, wood, glass, paintings, mixed media and more.
- If you're interested in showing your work in The Gallery Shop, please contact Emma Huneck, Exhibitions Director, at 584.4132.
Summer Community Show | 10 x 10
June 29 - September 7, 2019
Artwork Drop-Off: Monday, June 17th & Tuesday, June 18th | 9am-6pm
In July and August, Saratoga Arts presents one of our favorite exhibitions - the 10 x 10 show. Participation in this exhibition is open to everybody; new artists, veteran artists, young and old artists, artists who are showing their work for the first time and artists who have been showing their work for years. Our 10 x 10 exhibition celebrates the community and community arts. All artworks are available for purchase at or around $100. During the summer, thousands of visitors come to The Arts Center - last year over 100 works sold!
Participation | Step-by-Step
- Participation in our 10 x 10 show is easy! You do not have to be a member to participate in this exhibition.
- Works in all mediums are encouraged - the only rule - the work must measure 10" x 10" and be ready to hang! Artists can submit up to 3 pieces.
- Deliver your artwork(s) on the drop-off day with the $10 entry fee, and the artwork labels for each piece.
- View the artwork guidelines and print out your artwork labels here!
The Arts Center Galleries
Monday through Friday
11am - 5pm
For more information about our Exhibitions program contact:
Director of Exhibitions, at email@example.com or 518.584.4132