English Heritage Tour with Jane Austen
September 3-12, 2019
Led by Dr. David M. Shapard, European Historian and author of The Annotated Pride and Prejudice and other books on Jane Austen
The tour uses the lens of one of England’s greatest writers to explore some of the finest examples of English heritage. These include the gorgeous eighteenth century city of Bath as well as other historic towns and villages, the cathedrals and churches of traditional England, the Royal Navy, and the grand houses and gardens of the gentry and aristocracy. Jane Austen knew all these places and institutions well and made them the principal settings for her novels, and we will follow in her footsteps to get to know them ourselves.
Best of the Baltics Culture, Crafts and History: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Finland!
September 18 – 27, 2019: Like a colorful quilt nestled along the shores of the Baltic Sea, the countries of Lithuania, Latvia, Esto- nia, and Finland are uniquely colorful, contrasting, complex yet complementary to each other. Emerging from the dark chapters of world wars and communist rule, each country maintains its own culture, language, cuisine, and craft identity. Four coun- tries in one trip, it’s sure to be the most exciting and insightful Edventure ever!
Some highlights include:
• Three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Old Towns of Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn;
• Visit the medieval Trakai Castle;
• Explore Rundale Castle, a fine royal residence;
• Take a ferry to Helsinki – the capital of Finland, and tour the Finnish town of Porvoo with its delightful waterfront and medieval cobblestone streets;
• Visit the famed ‘Church of the Rock’ in Helsinki carved out of the city’s bedrock; • Become familiar with textile and knitting handicrafts in each country;
• Expert European tour manager and local guides will illuminate each country.
For more information visit www.goedventures.com, email email@example.com or call 607-387-3322.