Art @ Work + Home
NEW PROJECT! Hudson Headwaters is looking for up to 100 works to add to their collection!
Saratoga Arts is teaming up with Hudson Headwaters for a second Art@ Work project! Hudson Headwaters is a nonprofit, community-based network of 18 health centers serving the Lake George/Adirondack and Glens Falls Region since 1981 and the northern Clinton County area since 2012. Services include comprehensive primary care, obstetrics and gynecology, behavioral health, pediatrics, dentistry, podiatry, select specialty services, lab and imaging. Hudson Headwaters believes in the healing presence of art and that incorporating art into the health care environment is a way of caring about the whole being. They are looking for artwork for two locations, Champlain Family Health and their upcoming, newly, renovated Ticonderoga Health Center.
ABOUT THIS PROJECT :
Our second project with Hudson Headwaters has two rounds of selection. All artwork submitted through the call for artists will be presented to Hudson Headwaters’ staff for a first round of selection. Hudson Headwaters will select approx. 100 works from the first-round to include in a final catalogue that will be presented to supporters attending their Hudson Headwaters’ Community Champions Celebration on September 22, 2019. Event guests will then be encouraged to sponsor (purchase) artwork for the Champlain Family Health Center, their Ticonderoga Health Center, or make a charitable contribution to Hudson Headwaters and purchase the work for themselves. Event proceeds benefit Hudson Headwaters’ vital mission: “To provide the best health care, and access to that care, for everyone in our communities”. The commission on artwork sales helps Saratoga Arts continue to offer a wide-variety of programming, exhibition and sale opportunities for artists, and helps us fulfill our mission of ensuring the arts are accessible to all.
Hudson Headwaters is interested in…
* Artwork created by artists who live and work in the North Country (Clinton, Franklin, Essex, Hamilton, Northern Saratoga, Warren & Washington Counties)
* A variety of styles and compositions (not just landscapes!)
* Artwork inspired by the Adirondacks, Lake George, the North Country, Northern New York, Lake Champlain, and views of Vermont
* Artwork that is bright, cheery, uplifting, modern, colorful, happy and/or inspirational (please no nudity)
* All artwork must be original, created by the artist, and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws.
Artists residing in Clinton, Franklin, Essex, Hamilton, Northern Saratoga, Warren & Washington Counties are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Headwaters is looking for original drawings, paintings, printmaking and photography to add to their art collection (please no fiber or 3-D work)
ART@ Work + Home connects businesses and individuals with the artists that live and work in their communities. Saratoga Arts works directly with businesses to create a catalogue based on their specifications, or they can select work from our Catalogue of Original Works to purchase.
Call for Submissions become available with each individual project, as artwork specifications vary. The application is free and open to all artists.
- We helped the Saratoga-Schenectady Endoscopy Center create a collection of 54 works by regional artists for their new building
- We helped Hudson Headwaters create a collection of 60 works by regional artists for their new Womens’ Center slated to open in 2019
- We developed the Soiree Catalogue, featuring 30 works by member artists, and presented the catalogue to our friends and supporters at our annual fundraiser
If you are interested in learning more about Art@Work + Home opportunities, please join our mailing list at the top of our website!