Show Your Work
Black + Indigenous ARTISTS of Color Matter!
A pop up art show featuring artwork by Artists of Color in New York’s Capital Region! We want to celebrate the artistic achievements and lift the voices of these artists! ALL VISUAL MEDIA ACCEPTED!
Exhibit Dates: August 1 – September 5, 2020
Artwork Drop off Dates: July 24 and 25, 9:00am – 6:00pm
Artwork Pick up Dates: September 8 and 9, 9:00am – 6:00pm
Any Artist of Color can participate just by showing up on the artwork drop off dates. If you would like to participate, please email Becky Zeh, Exhibitions Coordinator, at email@example.com to be added to the contact list to stay updated if anything changes. Email Becky as well if you have any questions about the artist participation guidelines.
Artist Participation Guidelines:
- There is no specific theme for this show, we want to see artwork that best represents your voice as an artist!
- There will be a $5 submission fee to be paid at artwork drop off (cash, check our credit card)
- Artists will be required to sign a waiver at artwork drop off
- Artists can bring up to 3 pieces to contribute to the show
- 2D Artwork should be ready to hang meaning that it has hanging hardware on the back. If the artwork needs special hanging hardware, that must be provided by the artist. 2D artwork should not be larger then 60 inches on the longest side.
- Saratoga Arts has some pedestals and display platforms for 3D art (sculpture cannot be taller then 9′)
- video submissions can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org in MP4 format, OR they can be dropped off on the artwork drop off dates on a USB drive.
- All artwork must be labeled on the back (or bottom for sculpture) with artist’s name, title, medium, price, artist’s email and phone number
- Artists are encouraged to bring an artist statement/bio (please keep it to one page) we will put together an artist statement binder for people to learn more about the participating artists.
- Saratoga Arts retains a 35% commission on artwork sales.