· Work with the Executive Director on the development, implementation and evaluation of all public, family, community outreach, and adult program initiatives, including nearly one hundred class and workshop offerings and 5 summer camp programs, annually.
· Work with teaching artists to design and schedule classes and workshops
supervising, and evaluating all education department contract employees including seasonal teachers, summer camp teachers, full-time and part-time camp assistants, and fine art models (when needed)
· Work with the Executive Director to develop, managing and track project and departmental budgets, analyze and present participation data monthly.
· Participate in professional development and pilot new programming around inquiry-based education and promote productive civic discourse across all genres of work.
· Coordinate and collaborate with other cultural educational partners, local and regional programming and promotional organizations to help present and promote Saratoga Arts programmatic work and educational opportunities.
· Other duties as assigned
Marketing & Promotion
· Update and edit Education Department information on the Saratoga Arts website (www.saratoga-arts.org) and coordinate with other departments in the production of press releases to include education related programs and events, contribute to the production of print media, appeals, quarterly newsletter, etc… where necessary
· Maintain Saratoga Arts’ Education mailing lists, assist in maintain all membership and promotional lists with other departments.
· Assist in monthly events and weekend openings, answer phones and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manor
· Represent Saratoga Arts education programming in a professional, courteous and exceptional way at all times, both on site and in other locations.
Job Type: Part-time 20/24 hrs per week
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Email resume and cover letter to: Lkerr@saratoga-arts.org
Are you look for internship experience in the arts? We are always looking for qualified student interns who would like to gain experience in arts administration, gallery management, exhibition installation and more.
Student interns must be reliable, motivated and able to work independently. For credit and not for credit internships are available for the spring, summer, and fall semesters. All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Louise Kerr at email@example.com.
Exhibition Internship Application Deadlines
Teach at The Arts Center
Saratoga Arts is currently accepting proposals for our 2020-2021 class season. Applicants must have a passion for the arts and proven experience working with students at a variety of learning levels. Please submit a class proposal, resume, and images of your work. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.584.4132, or fill out our online proposal form.
School Break and Summer Camp Teachers
Saratoga Arts is seeking applicants for our 2020-2021 school break and summer camp programs. Teachers must be certified to teach in NYS (or currently be active on the BOCES substitute teacher registry), have a passion for the arts and experience working with children between the ages of 5-14. Please contact email@example.com or 518.584.4132 for more information.
Many of the programs at Saratoga Arts are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.